If you live in Wheaton, and you have lost most or all of your natural teeth, you might be a candidate to receive All-on-4 dental implants with Dr. Scherer at Wheaton Oral Surgery and Implant Center. He and his team have been providing successful results through oral surgery for many years, and with the advancements in today’s dental technologies, All-on-4 dental implants make getting those results even easier. This less-invasive approach to dental implants provides men and women with a full new set of pearly whites to replace their missing or damaged, non-functional teeth.
Many of Dr. Scherer’s prospective All-on-4 dental implants patients are curious about the longevity of this implant option. Does less-invasive mean “not as permanent?” Keep reading as we talk about the permanency of this tooth restoration system.
All-on-4 Dental Implants
All-on-4 dental implants are a perfect solution for men and women who require a full-mouth restoration after having lost most or all of their teeth. Dr. Scherer uses this option to help patients enjoy a fully restored mouth in a shorter amount of time. Instead of placing one implant per crown, Dr. Scherer can use the All-on-4 dental implant system and place 4 dental implants on the top and bottom of the mouth, with each set supporting an entire arch of teeth.
Because of the unique way each dental implant is placed, Dr. Scherer is able to insert them further into the jawbone, making them more secure. By angling them into the jawbone, All-on-4 dental implants can support more pressure from the prosthetic teeth that are placed on top.
Are All-on-4 Dental Implants a Permanent Solution?
The quick answer to this question is a simple, “Yes!” While Dr. Scherer only uses 4 dental implants per arch to complete the All-on-4 dental restoration, they are just as strong and are still considered a permanent solution to tooth loss. As we mentioned above, Dr. Scherer places each implant at a precise angle into the jawbone to secure them. But more than that, each of these implants bond to the jawbone, making them permanent. All-on-4 implants also work like natural tooth roots and stimulate the jawbone to keep it healthy and strong – and able to hold tightly to the implants for a lifetime.
However, there is a caveat to this. Patients must maintain proper oral hygiene throughout their lives to ensure the permanency of their All-on-4 dental implants. But there is good news! These implants are easy to care for and only require what natural teeth require, to be:
- Brushed twice a day
- Flossed once a day
- Rinsed with antibacterial mouthwash once a day
- Cleaned by your general dentist biannually
The Many Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
Dr. Scherer highly recommends All-on-4 dental implants to his patients because of the immediate results they provide and the amazing benefits that come with this system, including:
- Faster healing times, as fewer implants are needed in the jaw. This also means less pain and downtime after the surgery.
- Quicker results, as the replacement arch can often be placed at the same time the implants are installed.
- Less need for bone grafting, which can often be required for standard dental implants. This is because the All-on-4 implants are placed at an angle and go deeper into the bone, providing a stable base without bone supplementation.
- Preservation of the jawbone and facial profile, as the All-on-4 implants provide enough stimulation to prevent bone tissue from deteriorating.
- Extreme longevity, as dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
- Improved self-esteem, as patients will no longer feel embarrassed or afraid to smile.
Dr. Scherer and Wheaton Oral Surgery and Implant Center Can Restore Your Oral Function – Permanently!
For nearly 20 years, Dr. Scherer has been providing amazing oral surgery results for his patients. If you’re suffering from limited oral function and an unflattering smile, let him help with the All-on-4 dental implant system.
Call his office today at (630) 364-2888 to book your initial consultation.