Wheaton Oral Surgery and Implant Center
This experience was beyond my wildest dreams
I used to think twice before I would go out in public. I was always thinking of how I was going to eat and look. Based on my dentist's recommendation, I researched and thought this dental implant All on 4 procedure is what I needed since I couldn't stand to remove my false teeth at bedtime. I would recommend this procedure to my friends and family. This experience was beyond my wildest dreams, I had no pain at all and I never even took an Aspirin! I had a very pleasant experience here.
- Richard K
Excellent job explaining everything and answering questions
I will most definitely refer any friends and family. The staff was very friendly and all members did an excellent job explaining everything and answering questions. I will definitely be back for any future needs! Thanks everyone!
- Jordan G
You are the best!
I always know I can expect the very best of care from the entire staff. I appreciate my doctor recommending Dr. Scherer to me. You are the best!
- Judy V.
Pleasant and very efficient
Dr. Scherer and staff were pleasant and very efficient.
- Kathryn C.
Well oiled machine
All I had contact with were very friendly and willing to answer any questions. Dr. Scherer and Jennifer work like a "well oiled machine".
- Walter G.
Excellent Service and professionalism
Excellent Service and professionalism.
- Brendan C.
You really put me at ease early on
I just wanted to send a thank you to all of you at the office. If you remember I let you know what a big chicken I was already about dental issues, and to go to a new dentist just freaks me out. You really put me at ease early on. I also felt the same when I met Dr. Scherer, and I am so glad I was referred to your office. Everyone from the ladies in reception, to all of the other staff I had contact with, were all just wonderful. Of course on the day of the surgery I was pretty much a basket case and everyone was great, they really helped me calm down a tiny little bit ;). Another amazing thing about this practice is that everyone was on time for my consultation visit and the surgery. And come on, that rarely happens these days. I truly cannot say enough good things about all of you. Please keep up the good work, and I'm certain you will have more satisfied patients.
- Myra R
I was impressed by Dr. Scherer and all the women who assisted him
This was a new experience for me and I was nervous about it. It definitely was not what my imagination had pictured it to be. I was impressed by Dr. Scherer and all the women who assisted him. I wish to thank them for taking good care of me.
- Ruth G
I love the music selection!
I love the music selection! It was a great distraction while getting my tooth extracted.
- Tiffany M
Excellent care and service
As always, excellent care and service. If I had to have this done anywhere (extraction), it would be your office!
- Kathy R
Great experience; glad to have such professional care.
- Byron T
I didn't feel a thing
Dr. Scherer pulled my tooth and I didn't feel a thing.
- Alyssa S
We were impressed
Dulce is a wonderful and caring person. We were impressed with how she explained everything and answered all of our questions and took her time with us. She is a wonderful addition to your staff! She was helpful in calming my fears regarding surgery.
- Gerri W.
I had such a marvelous experience!
I had such a marvelous experience! My wisdom teeth extraction was much better than anticipated! Your office is and will be recommended as the best! The reception staff very helpful.
- Lily B.
Very professional yet friendly
Very professional yet friendly, both of which are important to the patient. Summer has a cheerful disposition and an A plus as and employee.
- Marion R.
The best oral surgeon office visit I have ever had
Thank you to you and your staff for making this the best oral surgeon office visit I have ever had for myself or my family members. I am recommending you to anyone who needs an excellent oral surgeon and staff!
- Maureen B.
Highly recommend this office to my friends and family
I would highly recommend this office to my friends and family if they ever need oral surgery!
- Luke K.
All great, smiling and friendly staff
Took good care of my mother and she is doing very well. All great, smiling and friendly staff.
- Brian H.
Very Efficient and Friendly
The whole staff is very efficient and friendly!
- Larry E.
Handled Very Well By Everyone
The long wait was not pleasant, of course, but it was handled very well by everyone. Emergencies can happen. 🙂
- Sean R.
Very Comforting and Extremely Cautious
Going to the dentist is truly a very frightening experience, but Dr. Scherer and his staff were very comforting and extremely cautious to make sure I did not have pain during my procedure.
- Laureen P.
Everyone was great!
Highly professional yet also approachable and friendly.
- Daniel J.
What a great staff!
What a great staff! Everyone was so nice and accommodating. For getting a tooth pulled, it was actually a very good experience at a dental office. From the moment I was greeted to the moment I left, I was treated fantastically! Dr. Scherer is great and loved his humor.
- David V.
Dr. Scherer is the best!
Dr. Scherer is the best!
- Bob S.
- (June 2014) “All of the staff were friendly, and helped calm my nervousness with smiles and casual chit chat. I can honestly say this was a pain-free experience for which I am grateful! Thank you to each one of you!!”
- (May 2014) “Who would have thought a tooth extraction would be a pleasant experience? Good job all around! N problems or pain after the procedure. Hopefully I will not have to do it again, but if so, they’re recommended!”
- (May 2014) “Very professional and courteous staff”
- (May 2014) “Dr. Scherer and Laura made me feel very much at ease. The office staff was very professional!”
- (April 2014) “We love Dr. Scherer and his whole team!”
- (April 2014) “Very professional office staff, and good/complete instructions before and after. Thank you so much.”
- (April 2014) “The care from Dr. Scherer and his staff is just outstanding. The very best I’ve ever experienced. Thank you!”
- (April 2014) “The procedure was painless. Everyone at the office was great! Dr. Scherer called to see how I was later that day, that was very caring of him. The next day I was called by a staff member to see how I was doing; also very caring.”
- (March 2014) “I would recommend your office very highly. I couldn’t believe how fast my appointment was! And painless!”
- (March 2014) “It was a painless experience. The doctor and the assistant made me feel comfortable, safe, and answered all my questions. I loved the two follow up calls to make sure I was doing great. Great experience overall!”
- (March 2014) “No one likes to go to the dentist, but if you have to, this is the one for implants and extractions. Dr. Scherer’s office and Dr. Nihill (my primary dentist) work well together to coordinate appointments as necessary. “
- (February 2014) “Dr. Scherer is simply the best! I have been to four different oral surgeons in my life, and Dr. Scherer is hands down the absolute top of his class! He explained every step of the way, was adamant about the recovery procedures. The pain was minimal and recovery was much faster than anticipated.”
- (February 2014) “Dr. Scherer is more than outstanding in his field of dentistry. Everyone was professional and compassionate.”
- (February 2014) “The office is clean and pleasant, and the staff was friendly. The instructions were excellent and Dr. Scherer was outstanding and made my experience free from anxiety.”
- (February 2014) “It’s always frightening when your child needs surgery. Dr. Scherer and the staff made it so easy. Instead of my son being scared, he was comfortable and actually enjoyed the whole experience. He was curious and wanted to learn about his teeth! I also believe that since he had such a calm procedure, it was evident in his pain free recovery time as well!”
- (January 2014) “I think that it is rare to see a staff that is so engaged, caring, and kind. Dentistry is stressful and everyone did their best to put me at ease and explain what was going to happen. Well done to everyone! Thanks for your kindness!”
- (January 2014) “My two visits have been excellent. You and your staff are outstanding.”
- (January 2014) “I appreciated the two calls to check up on me after surgery. It gave me a chance to ask a question and get a prompt answer. I enjoyed the musical choice during the procedure, singing along in my head took my mind off the surgery.”
- (January 2014) “Dr. Scherer was fantastic both in explanation of the procedure and the care/comfort of the patient.”
- (December 2013) “Staff was kind, informative, and efficient. The billing staff was honest and easy to talk to.”
- (December 2013) “I don’t like dental work and the office staff and procedures, coupled with the detailed instructions for care affter the procedure made for an overall A+ experience! Thanks a lot to All of you!”
- (October 2013) “Everyone I came in contact with was very professional and very friendly. As apprehensive as I was, they put me at ease right away! I was very impressed that I got 2 follow-up phone calls (one the same evening, and one the following morning) to see how I was doing. That was great!”
- (October 2013) “Great job by everyone – wonderful group! Post-op recovery excellent! Great instructions! Unbelievably super experience!”
- (October 2013) “Thank you so much Dr. Scherer and everyone else for taking such good care of me and making me feel comfortable. Thanks also to Erin for helping me with everything from setting up my appointment to taking care of me afterwards!”
- (October 2013) “Everyone in the office was very pleasant to work with. Dr. Scherer’s surgical assistant was very good; she was thorough yet friendly. Dr. Scherer is very likeable and he put me at ease right away.”
- (September 2013) “Dear Dr. Scherer, driving from West Dundee to Naperville is a long way to go for oral surgery as there are, no doubt, very competent oral surgeons in our local area. But it is always worth it to me for the Expert and courteous care we receive from your entire staff and especially from you. In addition, I Love working with Dulceanna, she is so professional, thorough, and compassionate. Truly a patient advocate! Thank you again for everything!”
- (September 2013) “We were very pleased with your office. Your front desk staff and nurse were all very welcoming and helpful and made my daughter’s experience as pleasant as it could be! Jennifer was very nice and made my daughter feel very comfortable. We would recommend your office to anyone that needed your services! Thank you!”
- (September 2013) “My pre-extraction fears were for naught. Completely painless!”
- (September 2013) “I was surprised he (Dr. Scherer) was also an M.D. I had a difficult extraction so I was sent by a dentist. He took me right away and did an outstanding job, considering I am 96 years old.”
- (September 2013) “I so appreciated the efforts of the staff and the doctor to see me on short notice. I appreciate their kindness and excellent treatment, even though I haven’t seen a dentist for a very long time. It was a great experience.”
- (August 2013) “Dr. Scherer was so amazing. He made me feel so comfortable and at ease with the whole situation. He was quick, confident, and knowledgable. I would recommend him for sure.”
- (August 2013) “Very good experience, I came in being in horrible pain and very apprehensive. The staff and the doctor were very reassuring and comforting.”
- (August 2013) “I am surprised with the changes in dentistry, for the better. From x-rays to extractions, everything is different. Even the atmosphere is more pleasant; your decorations and loved the music selections, not the elevator kind. Thank you!:)”
- (August 2013) “I appreciate your office squeezing me in on the same day I called for an appointment. I had two infected teeth that needed immediate extraction and I appreciate the very professional and immediate service.”
- (August 2013) ” I was very impressed with EVERYTHING. I was nervous about my daughter’s procedure and was immediately put at ease. Thank you!”
- (August 2013) “Every staff member I encountered was outstanding. Everyone is very professional and I would recommend Wheaton Oral Surgery to others. I had a great overall experience.”
- (July 2013) “I was so surprised by how nice everyone was. From making my 1st appointment on the phone, all the way to the follow up call I got after my procedure. Everyone was so nice adn helpful and made for a Great experience. I was so pleased with this process, there was no stress! Thank you!”
- (June 2013) “I had absolutely no after-effects after tooth #1 and #2 were removed. No meds were taken after the procedure, and I was not numb by the time I got home! Great job!”
- (May 2013) “The environment was welcoming and comfortable; during the procedure, the constant frequent explanations helped ease the process.”
- (May 2013) “I feel confident with Dr. Scherer’s skills and advisements. I appreciate the cooperation/consultation between Dr. Nihill and Dr. Scherer as well as the coordination of his treatment plan with my up-coming hip surgery. For all the times I’ve interacted with this office, I’ve always been treated courteously.” (Implant Patient)
- (May 2013) “I would not trust my mouth to anyone else! Great Doctor and Staff! (Bar Attachment Denture patient)
- (May 2013) “I was very pleased with Dr. Scherer and the entire staff.”
- (April 3013) “Everyone had been extremely courteous and friendly. I received thorough information on all procedures; explanations were clear and understood. Very happy with the follow-up call on the day of surgery, it was sincere and thoughtful. Thank you!”
- (April 2013) “My dental procedure went extremely well. I had this date hanging over my head for a couple of months with a lot of time to worry about it; however the procedure was done very efficiently and I had NOTHING to worry about! The doctor and his staff were very professional and highly trained; I couldn’t be happier!” (Bar Attachment Denture, Teeth in a Day patient)
- (April 2013) “Everyone was so kind, caring, and helpful. I could never give you enough praise!”
- (March 2013) “Excellent service, will highly recommend your services!”
- (March 2013) “Dear Dr. Scherer, I am feeling very grateful for your willingness to help me when I was in such pain. My words cannot do an adequate job but I want to say how deeply I appreciate your surgery skill as well as your kind care. I have and will continue to spread your praise as an expert in oral surgery! Thank you!”
- (March 2013) “For having to have 2 teeth pulled in one month, your entire staff made the whole experience very positive! I felt very relaxed and highly educated on the whole process. Nicely done!”
- (March 2013) “Having a childhood history of very frightening dental care, your whole staff put me at ease and took the fear away, thank you so much.”
- (February 2013) “Dr. Scherer, I would like to thank you and your team for the amazing job that was done to fix my broken jaw. You helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel and made it easier for me to deal with it. I am still amazed at how well everything went and I am thankful for everything. Thank you so much! P.S. Food has never tasted so good!”
- (February 2013) “I had a referral from Dr. Mitra in Yorkville for an immediate extraction. I got in the same day, was treated nicely and even though I was petrified, they did everything they could to calm my nerves. Dr. Scherer was careful and did a wonderful job, keeping my fear in mind. Wonderful people, I would recommend again to anyone!”
- (January 2013) “We can’t thank Dr. Scherer and his staff enough for making my daughter’s procedure such a sucess. Dr. Scherer and his nurse Jennifer went out of their way to make the process relaxing, pain-free, and fast. Thank you again!”
- (December 2012) “4 extractions went well! No nausea afterwards and minimal pain on Day 1. Day 2-3 were normal swelling/discomfort. I really appreciated the follow up calls! I would be more than happy to provide positive references! Many Thanks!”
- (June 2012) “Dear Doctor Scherer, thank you for taking such good care of my daughter. I never imagined that she would go in for a consultation and come out with her wisdom teeth already extracted. I appreciate that you recognized the urgency of this due to her upcoming medical procedure. Thanks so much!”
- (June 2012) “Dear Dr. Scherer and Staff, thank you so much for removing my wisdom tooth on a days notice! I was in so much pain and you helped me. Everything was so comforting and easy. I’m so glad I came to you with my tooth ache. Hopefully I won’t need any more urgent teeth pulling visits, but I will keep you in mind for my other 3 wisdom teeth. Thank you!”
- (April 2012) “Losing my two lower molars made it hard to eat the foods I once enjoyed. I was tired of watching everyone else eat what I could no longer eat. Dental implants changed my life. The entire process was a “piece of cake” and very quick; I’m looking forward to eating like everyone else again.” (Implant patient)
- (April 2012) “Hello Dr. Scherer, Just a note of thank you! For all the excellent care you always give me, as well as your kind and thoughtful ways. You truly are an exceptional Doctor, and person.”
- (February 2012) Would I recommend dental implants to my family and friends? “Yes, I definitely would, in fact I already have. The experience was far less traumatic than I had expected, it was virtually painless.”
- (February 2012) “I had several teeth that were decayed and damaged. I had difficulty eating and problem’s throughout my life. I chose to have this procedure because it was the best possible option for long-term care. I would absolutely recommend this procedure to friends. Dr. Scherer’s staff is very professional and personable! I received an in-depth explanation of all procedures and all of my questions were answered.” (Implant patient)
- (December 2011) “Dr. Scherer, Thank you for making getting my tooth pulled as positive experience as possible. I really appreciate you calling later that evening to check in on me and squeezing me in for an appointment to alleviate my concern about it being infected – many doctors don’t do that. Your office staff were all very pleasant and helpful which was refreshing. Your approach to “caring” for patients is a key differentiator in your business!”
- (July 2011) “Dr. Scherer and Staff, Thank you for taking such wonderful care of my daughter. You and your staff went above and beyond to make her feel comfortable during her recovery. We both appreciate your gentle care and calming words and highly recommend you.”
- (March 2011) “Being 70 years old when I had the implant done by Dr. Scherer I had a lot of questions which he answered even during the procedures. Everything went smoothly during my visits, and I had no pain whatsoever. All worked out well with the crown and my dentist was very pleased with the implant. Have had a previous extraction with Dr. Scherer and had no pain either.